Nuffnang Ads

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Caribou Island - David Vann

Read me!
First of all, I bought this book in Big Bad Wolf and it is a good book to read. If u wanna learn more about Alaska, reading this book is a must. Its all about Alaska. Bears, winter, Skilak Lake, tuna and so on. Rather than a family conflict, I've learnt a lot about Alaska more than anything. But overall, the story is full with beautiful literature from the writer. I just love it when I read certain paragraphs for a few times just to understand what was actually the meaning of it.

Caribou Island is about a family with full of regrets in their life. They regrets with their relationship, marriage and the family itself. There are a few emotional situations in the story that punched my heart off. I can't help myself to sank into sadness when it came to the end of the story. The ending was so surprised. Because they regrets with each other... 

I love the cabin, only if Greg built it properly. I love when they went to fishing and I can imagine myself on the boat with them. I can feel the coldness of the lake when Irene had to get into it. But I can also feel the pain in Irene especially when it nearly killed her. I just hate Jim, Rhoda's boyfriend for a long time ago for screwing up their relationship. And Mark, I really can't understand what life was he was living. The whole family, Greg, Irene, Rhoda and Mark had their own dream. And they also need to face their reality. 

Honestly, I read this book for about a few months to understand the beauty of Alaska. And the emotional side of the book made me think on what had happened to me before. David Vann had written something that touched me inside. I would recommend who loves to read the reality bites in relationship to read this book. Thank you for the author for this beautiful life experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment